Genuine Toyota Timing Belts
In order for your new or used Toyota car, truck, SUV, or minivan to operate properly, the exhaust valves need to work correctly and with the accurate timing - hence the timing belt. The air intake and exhaust valves need to function in a perfectly suitable fashion in regards to the piston's movement: this synchronization is the main purpose of the timing belt, and now you see why it is so important.
Here is some more information on the Toyota timing belt:
- The timing belt is a precision-engineered car part or component that has teeth on the innards that match the crankshaft and camshafts gear's teeth perfectly.
- Genuine Toyota timing belts are manufactured to match these gears and are comprised of a special, high-quality rubber compound.
- To enhance strength and durability, there are extremely strong cords running throughout the belt.
- Due to its position in the engine block, the Toyota timing belt is hard to locate and cannot be readily inspected. If it is not changed at the correct mileage or time interval trouble can arise unexpectedly.
- Failure of the timing belt can result in immediate shutdown of the engine! Not only is that a costly nuisance but it can also cause a safety hazard mid-traffic.
After reading this it is likely that you see why the genuine Toyota timing belt is essential to both the health of your car and your person. Not only is it made specifically to fit your Toyota vehicle perfectly, but it keeps your engine operating well (or at all as the worst case may be).
Genuine Toyota Drive Belts
Long ago the term we would be using here was "fan belt," but the very same car part is now referred to as a drive belts. Nonetheless, the function remains the same: the Toyota drive belt sends power to engine-mounted accessories.
So what should that mean to you? For an example, let's pretend it is a hot summer day, and your improperly maintained or inferior, non-Toyota brand drive belt snaps, shreds, or otherwise fails. This means no more power is sent to the air conditioner, and suddenly you struggle to turn off from Main Street here in St. Albans to stop by Handy Toyota's 39 S. Main St. location because your power steering is no longer working!
To put it another way, the Toyota drive belt is really important and as any other Toyota part it is designed to work with your specific Toyota vehicle in optimal fashion. If this example with a faulty air conditioner didn't scare you, the loss of power steering should. Make sure you heed your service advisors advice if they recommend a new Toyota drive belt during your next auto repair, service, or maintenance call.
Take a look at these abbreviated notes regarding genuine Toyota drive belts:
- There are generally two types of Drive Belts:
- V-belt - the V-belt has a cross-sectional V-shape and is meant for a V-shaped pulley.
- Serpentine belt - the serpentine drive belt is more modern and uses numerous V-grooves for better contact with those pulleys.
- Original equipment Toyota drive belts are composed of top grade, reinforced, super-strength cords and synthesized rubber, and they are also engineered for a perfect, vehicle-specific fit.
- While it is true that Toyota's drive belts can last from 30,000 to 50,000 miles, they should be checked on a routine maintenance schedule to ensure there are no cracks, splitting, fraying, etc. and to make sure the drive belt's properly tightened.
As with the Toyota timing belt, you need to use a genuine Toyota drive belt to ensure your power features work. Though some components like in the air conditioner hypothetical are for comfort, other powered components such as the cooling fan are imperative to your new or used Toyota vehicle's operational prowess.
Genuine Toyota Wiper Blades
An important safety device that one could say many of us take for granted is the wiper blade. Think about it: without these seemingly passive pieces of technology clearing the windshield we could both put ourselves and others in jeopardy. Further, we have all been in the unfavorable position of having our wiper blades deteriorate and that can be frustrating on its own.
Once again like all Toyota parts there are some important factors as to why a genuine Toyota wiper blade is the way to go over the third party or independent brand, and here's a few of those reasons:
- Toyota wiper blades are precision engineered for your specific model and made of Toyota-quality materials.
- They are constructed of a natural, compression-molded rubber for long-lasting dependability.
- Toyota wiper blades are easy to install.
- Perhaps most importantly genuine Toyota blades come with a 12-month/unlimited mileage warranty!
Do not risk not being able to see this winter, and don't opt for a non-Toyota set of wiper blades that are cheap in price and composition - buy some genuine Toyota wiper blades today.
Genuine Toyota Air Filters
Just like us human beings, our new and used Toyota vehicles need to breathe to function. Also like us, pollutants in the air can cause serious harm if left unfiltered.
Our Toyota vehicle's engines constantly take in particles of dirt, dust, and other such things that will cause serious damage if they make it to the heart of the engine. Obviously that's where the genuine Toyota air filter comes into play. Here are some facts about air filters:
- The Needle-punch Construction allows for the best particle-trapping to date.
- Using a polyurethane resin frame, the Toyota air filter is able to keep its shape for a long time while also helping to seal out dirt and reduce noise.
- The genuine Toyota air filter is a triple-layer filter and is composed of a course, medium, and fine layer. These different layers catch particles of different sizes as they attempt to breach the engines perimeter.
- Since they are Toyota designed and engineered, a genuine Toyota air filters are meant to fit your specific Toyota car, truck, or SUV. Further, many third party manufacturers will use a "one size fits all" mentality; this is not a good idea and usually leads to the aforementioned Trojan horse of catastrophic debris and particles.
Genuine Toyota Cabin Filters
Why are cabin filters important? Scientific research has determined that in many instances the air we breath whilst inside our new or used Toyota car is some of the most polluted air in the world! This surprising fact gets more potent when you factor in that the car is realistically a cramped, small area. These pollutants cannot only damage a vehicle's cabin and make it stink, they also have the potential to cause harm to the driver or passengers.
Take a moment to view a few more facts about the need for genuine Toyota cabin air filters:
- There are two types of Cabin Air Filters made by Toyota:
- Pollen filter - the pollen filter type is designed to capture pollen as you might have guessed, but it also catches other particles of the like size: dust other allergens, and more.
- Electrostatic filter - the electrostatic filter acts just like the pollen filter in a sense, but adds in a strong static charge to capture even smaller particles including harmful asbestos and tire dust.
- To put it simply, air flows into the vehicle, passes through the cabin air filter, and the air that comes out of your vents is far more clean than the air outside.
- The need for replacing your cabin air filter can be determined easily by Handy Toyota's factory-trained service and car repair technicians, but depending on your driving conditions (dirt roads or highly polluted air for example) the interval can vary greatly. One way to tell it's time for a replacement filter is if you sense a decrease in air flow; this is a surefire sign of the need for a new filter.
With you and your passenger's health as a possible risk, a Toyota vehicle owner in VT would be crazy to buy anything short of a genuine Toyota cabin air filter. Feel free to contact us for more information or schedule an appointment to have your vehicle looked at.
Genuine Toyota Touch-up Paint
We have all been in the following situation...
You are driving down the interstate in your new or used car, truck, or SUV, and you are just about to start passing a slow-moving vehicle. Then it happens... SMACK! A tiny pebble hits your shiny new Toyota like a bullet, ricochets off your previously un-nicked hood, and suddenly that pristine Tundra Platinum has an ugly scar across its face. What a bummer!
This has happened to you, right? Well fear not! Handy Toyota of St. Albans, VT has just what the doctor ordered.
Genuine Toyota touch-up paint is made for just these occurrences and has many benefits such as:
- Maintaining your vehicle's value.
- Hide those unruly nicks, dings, and/or scratches.
- Most importantly using Toyota touch-up paint will help to protect any exposed metal from oxidation and ultimately rusting.
- Toyota touch-up paint color codes match your vehicle's color perfectly.
Nobody likes a rusty or spotted vehicle due to chipped paint; protect your investment and your vehicle's shiny veneer with genuine Toyota touch-up paint. Oh yeah, we almost forgot! After every new car purchase at Handy Toyota of St. Albans, your sales consultant will bring you to the service team to schedule your first service appointment. At that first appointment you'll get a free tube of touch-up paint to keep your car looking new! Send your sales consultant an email today and ask about this bonus!
Genuine Toyota Oil Filters
This is one of those elementary staples of vehicle ownership, something our moms and dads told us when we were just little kids: always, always, ALWAYS change your oil and filter every 5,000 to 10,000 miles. Although today that interval is a much debated topic - some folks believe in the tried and true 3,000-mile interval, while Toyota says synthetic oils can go as many as 10,000 miles before needing a change - the fact remains constant: a clean oil filter and fresh oil yields a happy engine.
But why should you buy a Toyota oil filter? Why not a Fram oil filter? They are cheaper in some circles, and do just as good a job right? Wrong. Check out some of the major reasons why a genuine Toyota motor oil filter is the only way to go for your Toyota vehicle:
- Toyota recommends a change at least every 5,000 miles or six months, whichever comes first.
- Genuine Toyota filters have a pressure release valve that acts as a built-in safety mechanism that helps assure optimal oil flow.
- Toyota oil filters meet specifications of Toyota's strict design and engineering standards, which other filters just don't come close to matching.
- The filtering element inside helps keep containment out of the engine, thereby protecting it.
- The custom-molded O-ring helps minimize leaks by providing a better seal - it is designed to fit your Toyota perfectly.
Don't risk using an inferior oil filter that saves you a few pennies up front. We are not saying that using a non-Toyota oil filter will hurt your vehicle, but using one will maximize the assurance of zero oil-related issues, plain and simple.
Genuine Toyota Motor Oil
Just like the bit about genuine Toyota oil filters above, nothing suits your specific Toyota model better than genuine Toyota motor oil.
However, simply using oil branded with the Toyota Motors emblem will not do it alone - you must use use the grade as recommended by your Toyota-certified technician or as found in your owner's manual in order to achieve maximum car health and happiness.
For more information on Toyota Motor Oil or to place an order, contact Handy Toyota's parts manager Ray Quilliam today.