Back in May of 2012, Handy Toyota's blog broke the news to Tacoma fans the world over that the recently released Tacoma T|X Pro was getting an upgrade... in a big way. It was a surprise to many, including our staff at your local St. Albans, VT and Burlington area Toyota dealer, that Toyota was making a newer, higher-end trim of the Tacoma Pre-Runner and X-Runner with the announcement of the T|X Pro, but it was simply staggering to think that they weren't done yet - apparently perfection isn't perfect to Toyota.
As such, the Tacoma T|X Pro Baja was born, spawned after the Toyota Tacoma T|X Pro dominated the Baja 1000, an off-road race that takes place on Mexico's Baja California Peninsula as part of the SCORE Championship Desert Racing Series. Thanks to the potency of the Tacoma T|X Pro's 4.0-liter V6 engine, off-road tuned suspension including Bilstein shocks, and an ideal blend of sporty and off-road wheels in the form of Toyota Racing Development's TRD forged aluminum alloy wheels wrapped in BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A tires just to name a few, the Tacoma T|X Pro demolished the competition in the first attempt of the trim level's Baja 1000 jaunt - a jaunt through raucous sand-laden winds and high temperatures, mind you.
So if the stellar and sharp-looking and performing Toyota Tacoma T|X Pro wasn't enough for you then praise the off-road gods; the Tacoma T|X Pro Baja ups the ante and is officially on sale at Handy Toyota of St. Albans, VT.
Here are a few key specs of the Tacoma T|X Pro Baja:
- 4.0-liter DOHC 24V V6 VVTi engine featuring 236 horsepower
- 5-speed ECTi automatic transmission (a manual transmission is available, however our current model is automatic)
- Electronically controlled transfer case
- Coil-spring double wishbone front suspension
- Rear leaf spring suspension with staggered onboard-mounted gas shock absorbers
- Var-assist power rack and pinion steering
- Power-assisted brakes (rear drum, front disc)
- Toyota's STAR Safety System
- Driver and front passenger advanced airbagsSeat mounted side and side curtain airbags
- 3-point seatbelts for all seats
- Active headrest protection on all seats
- Bucket seats
- Air conditioning
- Power windows, doors, locks, mirrors, and driver's seat with lumbar support
- TRD Bilstein high performance off-road shocks with Eibach red coil springs and remote reservoirs on the rear shocks
- 16-inch TRD bead-lock style wheels
- TRD cat-back exhaust system
- TRD, T|X Pro, and (limited edition)
- Baja graphics and badging
- TRD off-road package exclusive to Baja series
- Electronically controlled locking rear differential
- Advanced traction control (A-TRAC)
- V6 tow package for off-road package (includes class-IV towing receiver hitch, transmission, and supplemental oil coolers)
- TRD performance air filter
As mentioned, the Tacoma T|X Pro series are rather rare pieces by themselves, but the literally named Limited Edition Tacoma T|X Pro Baja is even harder to come by. In other words, if the above mentioned gadgets, toys, and off-road glory sound like something you'd want to drive away in make your move as soon as possible! The Tacoma T|X Pro Baja series won't be around forever and while it is few will show up for Toyota dealers in VT.
Best of all with a starting MSRP of only $37,739, the truck is basically a customized piece at an affordable Toyota price; add in Toyota Care, available extended warranties through Warranty Solutions and Handy Toyota, and the fact that when you're our customer today you're our customer for life, and the value builds and builds.
St. Albans, VT 05478